Undergraduate Education at Penn State Penn State University Penn State University Office of Undergraduate Education Printer friendly version of the Undergraduate Education at Penn State mark.
Topical Index: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z



A student interested in receiving credit as recommended in The National Guide to Educational Credit for Training Programs published by the American Council on Education (ACE) must submit to the Undergraduate Admissions Office an official ACE transcript. The Undergraduate Admissions Office is responsible for adding any appropriate credit to the student's academic record after a review by discipline faculty. (Ref: Senate Policy 42-99). If credit is awarded, a student's University record carries notation of credit, but no grade is recorded. Credit acquired in this manner does not affect a student's grade point average at this University.

An enrolled degree-seeking student or a student who has been approved to re-enroll in a degree-seeking program may be awarded transfer credit after transcript reviews.

A student will see the credits on their record, but the credits will not be available on an official transcript until after the student has completed a course for credit at Penn State.

Senate Policy:  42-99, Educational Credit for Training Programs in Noncollegiate Organizations

Approved: ACUE (7-26-96)
Approved: ACUE (3-14-13)
Approved: ACUE (10-1-2020)