Undergraduate Education is an academic administrative unit that provides leadership and coordination for University-wide programs and initiatives in support of undergraduate teaching and learning at Penn State. Undergraduate Education works closely with faculty and academic units to create stimulating learning environments inside the classroom while providing avenues for learning outside the classroom and provides leadership and advocacy as Penn State becomes a more student-centered university. This includes special academic programs for students; international education opportunities; and enrollment management functions designed to recruit, enroll, and retain students to each of the University's undergraduate campuses.
Priorities for Undergraduate Education include:
- Expanding learning opportunities that facilitate application and integration of academic knowledge including undergraduate research and public scholarship.
- Collaborating across the University to enhance the first-year student experience.
- Providing leadership to integrate and coordinate curricular offerings across campuses and colleges.
- Promoting quality and consistency of academic advising.
- Coordinating and increasing opportunities for e-learning.
- Expanding assessment of educational outcomes.