The Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) is the academic home for students exploring multiple academic programs before committing to a course of study. DUS serves as a leader in academic advising for the University and other institutions across the nation.
Key responsibilities of this office include:
- enroll and advise students who are exploring majors
- teach students about the larger value of higher education by fostering reflection and intentionality in decision-making
- enable students to persist at Penn State even if they change academic direction
- administer student success technologies such as Starfish and ALEKS
- provide guidance for the development of academic policies, procedures, and supporting resources
- set a standard of excellence for academic advising University-wide, as well as for the continuing development of the academic advising profession both at Penn State and at institutions throughout the nation