The Schreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence (SITE) advocates for effective and evidence-based teaching practices at all Penn State locations. SITE sustains instructional creativity by collaborating with faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, administrators, and staff through consultations, teaching and learning scholarship, and grants to enable growth of innovative instruction. The Schreyer Institute also manages the Pollock Testing Center, which provides computer-based testing and processes exam "bubble sheets" for Penn State courses.
Key responsibilities of this office include:
- work with faculty to explore effective teaching methods, design courses and curricula, and evaluate student learning
- conduct teaching and learning scholarship in collaboration with faculty and students
- manage the Pollock Testing Center
- administer Penn State's Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness (SRTE)
- oversee the University undergraduate teaching award process