Penn State undergraduate students have the benefit of a vast network of support. Earning a college degree is no easy feat, but Penn State undergraduate students do not have to navigate their journey alone. The Student Success Center supports undergraduate students to overcome obstacles on the pathway to achieving their academic goals.
The center exists as both a physical center at University Park as well as a broad-based commitment towards University-wide student support, retention, and graduation goals. The center partners with various University departments, programs, and initiatives to assist Penn State students in their academic pursuits while also promoting opportunities for meaningful campus connection and personal development. The Student Success Center supports undergraduate students and their advocates by contributing to a University-wide culture of care and assisting students as they strive toward academic goals and degree completion.
Key responsibilities of this office include:
- administer the Complete Penn State program, which provides resources for students who are in their final two semesters of study and experience a situation that negatively impacts their ability to complete their degree
- enhance achievement for low-income, first-generation, and post-traditional students
- build and contribute to a culture of care
- forward initiatives that increase equity in the academic experience
- increase the visibility and community for first-generation students at Penn State